Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mummy Loves Selvages

 I love selvage quilting.  I love Halloween.  It doesn't matter that it's July, right?  We'll just call it an early start.
 I am having a lot of fun free-piecing this guy.  (My sewing machine is still getting fixed, but thankfully I have a loaner.  Thanks Tina!)  This mummy just makes me smile.  He is turning out just how I imagined him in my head.  Everything it still rough and needs shaping and more selvages added, but you can get the idea.
 Figuring out how to free-piece this hand definitely took some thinking.
-
I am planning to keep this mummy to a large wall hanging size, and I am declaring this, in writing, on this blog, so he doesn't end up life-size (like the crazy Selvage Snowman).  If I start posting mummy legs on here, somebody please send me an email and tell me to Step. Away. From. The. Selvages.
 Per usual, this project will eat through quite a few selvages.  Thank you so, so much to everyone who keeps me stocked in selvages!!!
I bought this dotted fabric as a possible border.  I kind of like it, we'll see ...
-
And now, for some linky fun, I'm hanging out with some other crafty types over at Fabric Tuesday and WIP Wednesday!
-
Thanks for stopping by.  And thanks so so much for the wonderful response to my previous post about my debut novel.  I sincerely appreciate all the kind words and support!
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U.