Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Son Needed a Vintage Sheet Pillow Too

 I mean it's only fair that my son has a cute cuddly vintage sheet pillow too since my daughter has one ... or at least that seemed like a good enough rationale for me to have some sewing fun making one yesterday.
-
I am super pleased with how his turned out.  The fussy cut center is from an old Bambi pillowcase.  My kids don't have an awareness of Bambi as a character, but they both love deer.  We see deer in our neighbourhood all the time.  Just the other day we saw a mother with a spotted fawn. 
 Here's the pair.
 All the fabric in the pillow is from vintage (1970s era) poly/cotton sheets.  I quilted the pillow with simple wavy lines.  It is 20 inches square.
And of course the deep pocket in the back makes a nice bear bed.
-
Happy Quilting!
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U