Friday, July 15, 2011

skipping to the end . . .

I'll get back to the quilt show and the lovely quilts (and my quilty purchases there) but I wanted to share this wonderful, fun shop we found in Knoxville as we headed home. Kathy, our quartermaster and driver, had seen an advertisement for the shop Mammaw's Thimble in The County Register (interestingly enough, she'd gotten that when we were in our own Hooked on Quilting--HOQ--last week). Kathy had also seen it noted that they were having a moving sale and all their fabric was 30% off!

So after a leisurely morning and a late breakfast, we headed to Mammaw's Thimble. The front looked fun and happy and inviting . . .

So we piled out of the car and went through the front door.

The minute you walk through the door, you're awed by the bolts upon bolts of fabric. But before your eyes can completely register everything, a chorus of voices greet and welcome you!

I had to laugh -- they strongly encourage you to grab a little shopping cart. You know, just to put your purse or bag in. I declined. But within fifteen minutes I was back up there grabbing a cart!

The owner of the store (above) greets everyone personally. She was quite a firecracker!

I had the most shopping fun here. You can tell from the fun fat quarters I scored while I was there!

This array of fabrics should make an elegant autumn something or another!


And I pulled this pretty grouping out of a Moda line.


I found a pretty little shirting and just two random bargain fat quarters that appealed to me. And with the 30% off, I spent less than $20! Thirteen fat quarters -- 3.25 yards of fabric -- for $20 isn't bad!

In the whole trip, though, I never saw the magical fabric line that fills my dreams -- Moda's Dragonfly Summer. Oh don't you worry though. I've already chatted with Cindy, the owner of HOQ. I'll have a little stash of that delicious line someday soon!

More favorite AQS quilts tomorrow. (After some sweet Sawyer time and my grocery shopping!)

:)