Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fabric: New and Not-So-New

 It is never too early to buy Halloween fabric -- especially when new Ghaslties are out!  This fabric is called "A Ghastlie Night" and I LOVE it!
 I've also found a new source for vintage sheets -- my mother-in-law's linen closet!  My husband remembers having these sheets on his bed as a kid.  I am definitely going to be making them into something.
 Plus I bought a few other vintage sheets and pillowcases to add to my stash.  I think I will use blue and green in my next project.  (I finished my second vintage sheet quilt yesterday and will post it tomorrow -- very pretty if I do say so!)
While at Value Village, I spent a whopping $2.00 to buy a bag of vintage trimmings. 

Modern Day Quilts

And tomorrow one of my quilts (I know which one but I'll let it be a surprise) will be featured on Modern Day Quilts.  It's a neat site which features just one modern quilt a day.  Thanks Heather!
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U