Friday, July 1, 2011

july, how did you get here so quickly?

So another month passes and here it is July! I'm again linking up with The Simple Woman's Daybook.


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it's dark. Just the occasional flicker from a lightning bug. :)

I am thinking... sugar free chocolate pudding makes a tasty treat.

I am thankful... for family. I had lovely conversations today with my mom, sister, son and daughter. I exchanged e-mail with my dad and another sister. And texts with some of the above and my daughter-in-law, too. My sweet little grandson. And my darling husband, who's so wonderful. Yup, family.

In the kitchen... the dishes from dinner are clean and drying.

I am wearing... my typical "tour the camp" outfit -- a tee shirt and a blue jean skirt.

I am creating... a full stomach with that chocolate pudding I mentioned above! I'm also working on a BOM quilt.

I am going... to wrap things up and head to the bedroom soon. Along with a book.

I am wondering... how it is that we're already in July and why is it that the older I get, the faster time passes?

I am reading... a couple of things, per usual. The Long Winter (number six in the Little House series) and then on the Kindle I'm reading A Tailor-Made Bride, a sweet little inspirational story and David Platt's Radical. I've also got the summer issue of Celebrate! and the latest Tea Time issue to enjoy!

I am hoping... to grab a shower before I go to bed. It depends on if the water has re-heated since I washed dishes (RV only has a 10-gallon water heater tank)!

I am looking forward to... our Stitcher's stitch-in tomorrow! My sewing machine, materials and supplies are already loaded up and ready to go!

I am hearing... my darling man playing NCAA football on the xbox.

Around the house... it's cooling off and quiet.

I am pondering... God's perfect grace.

One of my favorite things... taking a ride through the camp on the golf cart with my man. We go to the creek and check the traps. Then we head to the pond and feed bread to the little fishes under the dock. Then we drive around and just enjoy the sights, sounds and smells.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Stitch-in tomorrow, along with some grocery shopping. Church services Sunday morning, a cook-out fellowship Sunday afternoon, followed by worship again that evening. Family and fun on the fourth. Visiting with dear friends on Thursday and again on Friday!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

The brand-spanking-new dock! It's finished and it's marvelous. A wonderful place to sit and soak in the beauty of God's creation.

:)