Thursday, July 14, 2011

How to Make a Pillow Form {a free tutorial}

I have been on a little bit of a pillow making kick lately. I love that pillows add so much to a room and are pretty quick to make. I have a few pillow tutorials that I'm going to be sharing soon, in the mean time I wanted to share how Kathleen and I make pillow forms that will stay full.
 Materials needed:
1 bag of Shredded Foam
1 Yard Hobbs 80/20 Batting (or similar batting)
 **For a nice full batting we suggest that you make your pillow form two inches LARGER than your pillow. I am making an 18" pillow so I will make a 20" pillow form.**
Cut two batting squares 20"x20".
 Sew all the way around three sides of the batting squares. Leave about a 10" hole on one side.
Stuff the Shredded Foam into the pillow form. We like pillows to be very full so for an 20" pillow form we added 1 cubic foot of Shredded Foam.
Top stitch closed.

It's that simple, the super nice thing about making pillow forms this way is they will stay full for a long time!

Thanks for visiting our quilting blog!
Have you checked out our patterns recently?
For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia
{Connect with us}
youtubei pinterest