Wednesday, April 27, 2011

stormy weather and blustery life . . .

I'm sitting here, glued to the TV, watching incredibly wild weather make its way into and through our area. I heard one weather man say last night that today's weather would be "as rough as it gets." Yay. They've already delayed school openings by two hours. Lots of school systems in the area have actually closed, but the three systems in Madison County are already having to tag on days at the end of the school year to make up for the snow days they had to take over the winter. They're hoping that a delay will keep buses out of severe weather, and they'll still have time to get kids home this afternoon before the main weather event that's still predicted to come in later. Later, as in when I'm trying to get off work, get to my other job, and get home. Ugh!

And yet, while the storms rolls in all around me, I sit here peacefully. I'm so glad I know the Maker of peace!

Todd and I were invited to a free preview screening of a new movie, Courageous, last night. It was filmed and produced by the same church that did Fireproof and Facing the Giants. The new movie was the best one they've done so far -- great storyline, good acting, and good filming. Todd had already seen it at the ABREA conference earlier this year, but he went because he knew I'd enjoy it. And I did! There was a good balance of action, suspense, drama, and HUMOR! It was relatively realistic, and very well done. In addition, it had a good message that can't fail to hit home. I can strongly recommend it when it comes out in theaters in September.

I know I haven't been very prolific here of late; it's that same old conundrum - do I take time to blog, or use that time to live the life I'd blog about? We've been very busy with birthdays, Camp MACOBA, new job[less] situations, ministry (and ministry and more ministry), Easter celebrations, and a walking grandbaby! All happy things, to be sure, but *so* b u s y!

Saturday, very (VERY) early in the morning, I catch a bus to Paducah!! I will share more on that trip, tomorrow.

For now? I bid you adieu. And STAY WEATHER SAFE!

:)