Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fabulous Four Birthday Quilt Finished

This is the birthday quilt I made for my daughter's upcoming fourth birthday. The big day isn't until May 22, but for the next month our family calendar is full of both lots of fun stuff and some writing-related deadlines for me, so I wanted to get it done early.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It is just a super simple strip quilt, but I think the fabrics really work together so well.

The two feature fabrics are the "Fabulous, Fantastic ... Four" fabric and one called "When I Grow Up" with lots of little girls dressed up.
I quilted it in both straight and wavy lines. I used pink, yellow and turquoise thread in a random order. I just changed the thread whenever I felt like it. (I kept the same pink in the bobbin the whole time for the back)
The backing is the "Fabulous Four" fabric and the binding is the zig zag stripe.

I have lots of fabric left and I'm planning to make a matching pillowcase and maybe even a little pillowcase dress for her.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Easter!