Saturday, April 9, 2011

Different Challenge and Blog Updates


Tropical - Chris Daly 2011

Sorry to be so quiet lately.  I have been very productive dyeing, taking classes, retreating with loved ones and girlfriends and sewing just for me!!! I have worked on some pieces lately that make me feel I am taking the right path and defining a quilting style that suits me.

I made this quilt for the Art Quilts Around the World "Different" Challenge.  We were to work in colors that we would not typically use in our work.  Red and Aquamarine are two colors I never thought of using together but I love the effect.

You can read more about the process here

Recent updates to The Art Quilt Blog:

The blog writing space has been widen to allow posts to use extra large pictures.

A stand alone page has been added for listing "Art Quilts For Sale".  This page lists the artist's name and a thumbnail photo of each quilt that is for sale.  These photos link back to the post on this blog that the artist wrote about the quilt.  If you have listed quilts for sale here and they have been sold be sure to let me know so I can take the photo off of the Art Quilts For Sale page.  Also if you have a quilt that has not been listed and should be, please contact me and direct me to the post you wrote about your work.

I'd love to hear your feedback or ideas for organizing this page.

I hope you all are having a creative weekend!  From sunny Wisconsin where our temperature will finally reach the 70's tomorrow....Chris