Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just Some Quilty Scraps ...

Scraps of information that is, about what's going on as I quietly quilt away in Quispamsis. First off, I often get questions about the name "Quispamsis" and whether or not it's a real place. Well, it is, and I am just a lucky quilter who lives in a qu place. Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada is a beautiful town and I am so happy that my children are growing up here. The name comes from the Maliseet language and means "little lake in the woods." We have a small lake in the middle of town. If you're interested in more information about Quispamsis, the town's site is here.

Now, about the picture above. I've been quilting away on my daughter's birthday quilt. I've made several mistakes including my signature mistake of having the backing fold over without noticing and stitching it down where it shouldn't be. Oh well. I've seam ripped four or five quilting lines, but overall I'm happy with how it is turning out. As you can see in the picture, I still just use my regular machine foot for quilting.


Here's a rare pic of me, but I really wanted to show how loaded down I was before the guild meeting last night. I have the His and Hers Quilt for Show and Tell (I should have the pattern done and posted here by the weekend), the five neonatal quilts for the hospital to drop off, a big bag of miscellaneous fabric bits for the 'bring and buy' (yard sale), plus my usual small stuff in the bag. And as you can see I'm wearing my selvage nametag. This is a picture of the KVQG raffle quilt for this year. I took this picture last night at the meeting. It is called Sunshine and Lollipops. I love the colours and love that it seems to have the perfect balance between traditional piecing and more modern lines/colours. It is huge too. I can take absolutely no credit for this beauty as I had nothing to do with the making of this quilt, but I wanted to show it here because the ladies in the guild who did work on it did such a fabulous job. I've mentioned here before that my son loves geography and maps, so you will understand why I recently bought the fabric above. And more Ghastlies ... And some monsters which will be going into my Halloween stash. I kind of have an idea brewing about an all-Halloween themed I-Spy Quilt ... hmmmmmmm ... Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Quilting!