Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My I-Spy Quilt Block Collection is Growing

So this all started when I decided to participate in an I-Spy swap. I haven't received my 200 different swap blocks yet, but in the meantime, I've been getting squares of my own ready -- and the pile is GROWING. At this rate I may honestly be able to make a queen-sized I-Spy quilt with no two squares alike ...

Above are some of my favourite squares which I've cut from my own stash and scraps.

And a few more from my own fabrics. I love squares that feature a single larger fussy cut like the baby or flowers, as I think they will help break up the wild busyness of the whole quilt.
And because we all know that quilters are typically generous sorts, my friend Tanya showed up at my house with the squares above ...

And these too.

And then Rachel of Not-So-Plain Jane volunteered to send me "some" charms. Little did I know she'd send 50 all different ones!

Look at all the great colour in these that she sent!

Plus I still have lots more fabric to cut -- scraps from my Mom, Tanya and from a scrap swap I was in.

This quilt is already so FUN and I haven't even sewed a stitch yet.

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday since this quilt is definitely a work in progress.

Happy Quilting!