Monday, November 9, 2009

camp macoba

Ta dah! Here it is . . . our Camp Macoba sign!

Todd & I took a trip out there over the weekend . . . it was such a beautiful afternoon. The fall foliage is absolutely incredible right now!

Here's a fall-view of the lot we'll be on. Gosh it's just so gorgeous!

Here's the view from our big bay-style window.
This is my new parking spot!
Another campsite view.
The end of our very long, gated drive.

Six days and counting!

I spent today in my kitchen trying to figure out what exactly would be making the transition from house to RV. I first went through my tupperware stuff. I dug out only the stuff that I thought would be appropriate. I left behind some stuff that I like, but I thought just wouldn't be practical. I laid out the keeper stuff, put it on the table, and looked at it and thought . . . this ain't gonna work!

So I ran out to the RV, stepped inside, and looked at the cabinet and drawer space. I opened everything. Then I returned to the house, looked at the tupperware stuff on the kitchen table, and realized I had just filled every cabinet that I had. Ummmm, Houston, we have a problem!

I just need to rethink . . . regroup . . . drop back and punt!
I tried to spend some time in my quilting room getting that stuff together. After the kitchen debacle, I'm askeered!

Maybe I'll just take my dvd's and tv dinners.
Oh wait . . . the freezer's not big enough for tv dinners.

The last couple days, a prominent passage of Scripture that's been running through my head is Luke 12:24-26, "Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no storeroom nor barn, and yet God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds! And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?"
You know, if I can't add a day to my life by worrying, why worry about what I'm taking to the RV? What purpose does worrying about it serve? What practical thing does worrying accomplish? Nothing. Zip. Nada. So I won't. I am done with worrying. I'm into flat-out believing that God's going to pull together the exact perfect stuff that needs to go. Hah! What a relief! Can't take my joy!

That makes the next five days far more exciting!

:)