Tuesday, September 29, 2009

time!!!!

I do not have it!!  Do you ever fall victim to the conundrum of not having the time to blog about the things you're doing / thinking / feeling, because you're too busy doing / thinking / feeling the things you'd blog about?  It's where I am!

I didn't have a "Sew-freely Monday" because my boss, who had been out of the country for a week, returned to work yesterday and wanted me there to help catch him up.  Understandable.  I have today off instead, which is a pretty decent trade! 

I'm still working on finishing the table topper I started for my mom two weeks ago.  I've finished quilting the appliqués, and now I'm quilting "leaf swirls" in the center.  I'll probably machine quilt the sides . . . or not.  I haven't quite decided on that yet.  I'd like to have it ready to sew the border on tonight, though.  I have until Saturday to get it into the mail.  My folks leave today for Texas, to visit my youngest sister and her family, and they (mom & dad) won't be back until next week.  So I've bought myself a little time there!

I got a sweet call from sister Cynthia this morning.  She returned from Israel on Sunday evening.  I got a brief glimpse of her trip, but can't wait to hear more about it and to see pictures!!!!  I love to see the pictures people take on their trips.  The things people take pictures of gives one an idea about the picture-taker's perspective.  When I see Cynthia's pictures, I won't just be seeing Israel, I'll be seeing it as she saw it.  Interesting.  And, I can't wait!

Then the oldest of my younger sisters -- Julia -- called at around 8 am.  I'm sending BBSQ to her today.  She's using it in a display this weekend.  I need to get busy!!!!

I did something I've never done yesterday; a NEW thing!!  I entered an online quilt swap!!!  Doesn't that sound like fun?  It's a mini-quilt swap -- the largest it can be is 24" X 24", so it's not too overwhelming.  And the deadline for mailing is January 29th, so it's all cool.  I may use the topper that I've patterned and do a fourth.  I dunno.  I'll post the link for the swap this week -- it's a pretty cool concept.

What else?  Let's see, hopefully we'll hear something about Camp Macoba this week.  In the meantime, I just keep praying the prayer that never fails:  Thy will be done!  :)

I forgot to get a picture of my secret pal's gift this week.  It was cute!  I found some fun fall stuff at the dollar store -- a pretty stuffed pumpkin, a leaf-shaped votive candle plate, a bag of Hershey's kisses (ok, they weren't fall, but they were chocolate!), and an autumn angel with maple leaf wings -- very cute (and my sp collects angels).  I found a basket I'd had and arranged the things prettily and wrapped it with clear cellophane draped in fall-colored curly ribbons.  It was pretty!  I may have mentioned this, but I truly believe that half the fun of the gift is the packaging.  A simple gift, thoughtfully packaged, feels extravagant!  :)  At least, that's how it feels for me. 

Goodness.  I feel like there's so much more for me to say, yet if I stay here to write (type) them, I'm not quilting, or scanning more clippings, or going to the post office, or getting laundry done (which wouldn't hurt my feelings too bad)!  And the more I do today, the more I'll have to talk about later!

Enough!!!

:)