Friday, September 18, 2009

HOW COULD I FORGET???!

I can't believe I forgot to share this! A couple of weeks ago, I entered for chances to win on Mel's Own Place for her "blogiversary" event. She had some really *great* prizes and guess what? I WON! I won the 4th post - Swaps. My prize came in the mail Monday -- look what it is!!!!!!

Fat quarters! My favorite! Aren't they pretty?!?! I love the colors -- and they make me think of my sweet daughter-in-law, Kim. She's a brown and turquoise girl! Mel sent the fat quarters in a cute little pillow, along with a sweet note. Thank you, Mel, and congratulations on your anniversary!!!!

Today is TGIF! Don't forget to check out the Freebies Friday button on the left! They are giving away an inchie quilt book and tool. Fun stuff! Also, speaking of giveaways, check out the Gum Tree button to the left. This is a new group of nine Australian designers, and each one of them is doing some significant giving away, too!

Today is also the first day of our local quilt show!!!! HURRAH!! So much hard work has gone into this event. From the organizers, to the promoters, to all the show contributors -- it amazes me! We had the judge, Kathy Kansier, as our guest speaker at our guild meeting last night. Wow. She's quite fun to listen to and a fount of information. I was impressed with her guidelines for quilt judging, and it made me feel a little better about knowing my quilt probably had no business being in that show! :) What really impressed me about Kathy was that she incorporated her faith into her program. Not in an in-your-face kind of way, but in a way that let you know it had made a difference in her life and was a part of who she was. Neat lady. I'd like to take classes from her. She and her students will have a special exhibit at the Houston show!!!

I'll work tomorrow as a hostess, from 10-12, and then in the booth, from 1-3. Then I'll wander around to my heart's content!!! Oooh, and the craft show is also at the VBC this weekend, so I'll probably stop in there, too. Then, as a special bonus, Todd and I will go again to the quilt show on Sunday afternoon. My husband is such a good partner. The best.

One of my favorite web stores, Pumpkin Patch Primitives, has a new blog. You can check it out here. She has lots of fun projects and fabrics and is very personable too. Enjoy!

On a more serious note, here's a blog to take a look at: Building the Blocks. What an incredible family this is, with a passion for children needing adoption, and helping families fund those adoptions. They have a pretty incredible testimony. You can "click to give" to help a family adopt a precious one. Good stuff. :)

I had orientation for Tate Farms Cotton Pickin' Pumpkins yesterday. Whoohoo!!! Bring on the pumpkin season! I will be working on Saturdays in the admissions office, and sometimes in the country store (which is my favorite). I don't work here because I need the work; I do it because I really enjoy being out at the farm during the month of October! I love the crowds and the color and the air and the smell and the atmosphere! What a super-fun place! Maybe next year I'll see if they will let me have a quilt booth there on Saturdays! Wouldn't that be a fun thing???? I could do fall and Christmassy things. Bet they'd be big sellers! :) Hahaha -- this coming from the woman who's wondering why she put her quilt in the local show! Anyway, all the money I make from Tate Farms will go to outfit our RV and get it ready to take on the road. We are blessed.

Early, early, *so* early this morning, my friend Jennifer left for Nicaragua. She's going with a team up-river to help build a church for a small village -- Asang. That's what they are doing during the day. At night they are going into even smaller villages and sharing their testimonies and showing the Jesus movie. They will be speaking with people that have never heard the name Jesus before! I'm honored to be one of Jennifer's prayer partners. She will be on my mind and in my heart for the next week!!

Merlin found a sunny spot by the door. He's a good fellow and a sweet companion.

It's Friday -- the kick-off to a three day weekend. Yay!

Tenga un buen fin de semana!

:)