Friday, September 4, 2009

CELEBRATION!

This is the day that the LORD hath made . . .

And it's also the day He saw fit to bring my youngest baby, James Edward Panter, into the world. Twenty-two years ago!

And now my baby is getting ready to be a daddy. Circle of life!

Last night James and Kim came over and had supper and cake (ice cream cake, in a bowl, per James), and celebrated. I cannot get over how blessed I am.
He really didn't want me taking his picture. Mom's privilege. LOL!
I didn't do a whole lot on BBS quilt yesterday; I framed it out in the black borders; that's all I had time for. This morning I added the six-inch borders down the length. I'll sew that up tonight! I did talk to Becky, who is going to quilt this bad boy on her long-arm quilter. I did not know that with the long-arm machines, you don't have to put the quilt top, batting, and backing together -- the machine feeds it together! WOW! I finally understand the charm of long-arm quilting! You can tell I'm still such a newbie quilter! :)

I got the fabric and fabric swatches in yesterday's mail! I got some Moda charm squares -- autumnal looking and festive; a yard each of acorns and Indian corn; and 2 yards of a Moda Christmas print - red and green and stars. fun, Fun, FUN!

Today I am going with my friend, Jennifer to one of my favorite places for lunch - Emma's Tea Room! Yay! I even have a coupon for a free pot of tea. Whoohoo!

Today is also Friday. FRIDAY! And it kicks off a three-day weekend! Hooray!!

Happy Birthday, James!

Happy Labor Day weekend, laborers!

:)

ps -- I added a link to TGIF giveaways! Check it out!