Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Play Time

I have quilts that need to be sewed, floors that need to be vacuumed and laundry that needs to be washed... so what am I doing?

Playing fabric designer.

I can't help it. The lure of Spoonflower has proved too powerful. The idea that I can draw my own designs, upload them to Spoonflower, and have it printed into my own fabric... How could I keep resisting? (Believe me I have tried!)


Now I am a complete freshman newbie when it comes to the school of computer illustration and all I have is Photoshop Elements, (the poor man's version of Photoshop.) But with a little bit of trial and error using the illustrating tools available, I came up with this retro barkcloth inspired design and liked it enough to place an order for a fat quarter, just to see what it will actually look like as fabric.


Stay tuned for the final printed fabric results, and heaven help me if I LIKE the results... the lure will be so strong to do it again, my floors may never get cleaned!