Monday, April 13, 2009

Quilts, BABY!


I was very excited last week when the mail carrier brought me my preview copy of the new Quilts, BABY! book, published by Lark Books and edited by Linda Kopp. I am so happy to be one of the artists included in this truly delightful book, due to be released in May. Loaded with fun baby quilting projects, including blankets, crib bumpers, and art work for the nursery, the projects are hip and fun! The whole layout from writing to illustrating is just wonderful!


I have three small embroidered wall hangings featured in the book, shown on pages 107 to 113. (That little baby photo is me!)


I adore the illustrations found throughout the book.

These are photos of my three featured quilt projects...


"River"


"Morning Glory"


"Ho Jo Space Spores"

And don't feel you have to have a baby in your life to enjoy this book. I think all of the projects, techniques, and ideas in Quilts, BABY! could be enjoyed by any age. It's a wonderful resource for anyone just starting to get their tootsies wet in the world of quilting, and great inspiration for experienced "swimmers" as well!