Sunday, April 5, 2009

Doll Therapy

I'm not sure if it has been the on again off again worry of Mo being sick, weather that refuses to stay warm and sunny for more then a day, or just the steady stream of daily hard times hitting America, but I have been struggling with keeping my spirit up. However, I am really finding simple joy in creating little stuffed beings...

This is Clair. She was created when I free-motioned stitched her, doodle style, onto a piece of light gray fabric which I had quilted and washed earlier. Clair enjoys clementines, lilacs, poetry, and feeding the birds that visit her yard.


I like the underlying design of the quilted fabric, and forgot until I did her how much I enjoy drawing with the sewing machine.

And as promised in my last post here is Sam the Dog's friend, Bebe the Bunny...


Bebe the Bunny:

Extremely loyal.
Devoted friend.
Occasionally over indulges in fermented carrot juice.
Dreams of someday being Mrs. Barry Manilow.


Carrot is detachable, it slips on and off like a bracelet.


Rear view!

Both Clair and Bebe are available in my Silly BooDilly Shop.