Friday, May 6, 2011

Marcia's Tiny Treasures Quilt - It's All in Your Initials!


Using a variation of my Scattered Quilt Pattern, I constructed a small quilt. I quilted it with my name all over the quilt in a wavy design.  You can see a video of the quilting at Work in Progress - The Quilting.  The quilt measures 30" X 32".  I attached the binding with an all machine embroidery binding and added a hanging sleeve on the top.   I hung it on the wall behind my quilting machine, where I then added all my tiny treasures.....  Pins from quilting events and pins from when I was a teacher.  Pins from Relay for Life including a photo of my Dad who died of cancer in 1996.  My Mom is currently battling cancer.  I pinned up my tiny crocheted items that I made years ago.  Then I added charms, pins, and necklaces from four generations of my family.  They all  have special meanings.  As I was going thru' my treasures, I found the little beaded pins from the 90's!  Can you see the American Flag and the Packer G?  I decided to group the items, but I certainly could have just put them up in any order. What a delightful quilt project!  The perfect spot for all the little memorabilia from the past. As I find more items, I will proudly display them on my quilted wall hanging. More photos in the Photo Gallery.  You can click on the photos to make them larger.
















You inspire others to create!

Having Fun in May!


Marcia        What's May for Me?