Saturday, May 14, 2011

Neighbors & Old Friends

I don't know what it is about Market that is so tiring - I usually sit and stitch and talk to quilters. But at the end of the day, I'm bushed. So tonight, I thought I'd just tell you who my neighbors are. I'm on a corner.


Across the aisle one way are Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts and her husband Micheal. We're old friends. They are thoroughly delightful people. I love her quilts, always have. And she and Pep share a Slavic background. Pep's is a lot more removed than hers is but he recognized the influence in her quilts.





Across the other aisle is Sweetwater. This is the first time we've really had a booth close to theirs and we've been getting to know them. Awesome ladies personally as well as great designers. One of the things I have always liked about Moda is the sense of family and these "sweet" ladies certainly have it.



And it was so great to see my friends from France again. I hope they like the pictures but I'll lay you odds they don't - they didn't like the last ones I posted. But then I never like the pictures of me either. They are Marie - Caroline Courtier and Carol Veillon of Quiltmania - awesome ladies all. I really can't tell you how much I enjoyed being in France and working with them. And my book they did is so really neat. I can't thank them enough.

Market is over tomorrow and we'll be packing up and heading for home. The whirlwind of France and Salt Lake City is almost over. When I get home I'll show you the rest of the booths - if I can figure out how to attach the jpgs to an email and get them to my home computer. Well, I'm a little tired here. Pep just reminded me that even if I can't, the laptop will be at home with me. Duh!! :)
Back to my garden and dogs and grandkids. I am so blessed to have the best of both worlds.