Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Machine Embroidery

Kathleen and I have been interested in machine embroidery for quite some time now. We just never really had the capability of doing it. After Kathleen won her new machine from the McCalls Quilt Design Star contest she decided it was time to really learn how. Yesterday we took our first class at Daves Bernina and it was awesome! We learned so much!
In the class we embroidered this cool bird and feathers. It was so fascinating to watch the machine stitch the beautiful design.
I have wanted to learn how to do machine embroidery so I could learn how to make nice beautiful custom labels for our quilts. After class I came right to the studio and started playing around. I made this fun little sample with my daughters name and a flower.
The thread I used on her name was variegated, I don't think I'll used it again but the look.... AWESOME! I have some great mothers day gift ideas I can't wait to make!!

Do you do machine embroidery?
If so do you have any tips you'd like to share with us newbies?

Thanks for visiting our quilting blog!
Have you checked out our patterns recently?
 For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia
{Connect with us}

youtubei