Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Just in time for Mother's Day, one of my favorite flowers bloomed ...

I so love peonies! They smell marvelous and open up into such glorious, full pinkness! They definitely make me SMILE!

Speaking of smiles, here's another of my favorites . . .

This is Sawyer enjoying his first Jell-O Easter egg! He made pretty quick work of it! (And it made pretty quick work of his Easter outfit, too. Ooops!)

From my darling Jocelyn, I got an early Mother's Day present . . .


That's sweet Everett's actual little hand print, etched into a silver charm, and his name engraved on the back side. Isn't it darling? This is a gift I'll treasure for all my years. This will be a tough day for my darling girl. My heart still aches for her. We count the days until she can hold him in her arms again in Heaven!

Todd and I trekked out for a bit yesterday afternoon. Spring is out in full force at the Camp!

I'm not sure what this flower is -- but there were lots of blooms on it, and it sure is pretty!


There's one last peony bloom on the plant. I think I'll take this one to Kim. These are her all-time favorite flowers ever!


The meadow was full of daisies and something else that was yellow, bright and sunny (and probably responsible for my terrible sinus troubles)! It really was a lovely day.


Our destination was down the Beech Bottom Trail to the Secret Creek. I love this spot. I think it's the perfect place for a picnic lunch and a long, lazy afternoon.

Truly idyllic. I captured just a short clip of the creek, flowing strong, to share . . .

Did you hear the crickets chirping in the background? How blessed I am!

Happy Mother's Day!!

:)