Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a lovely weekend I've had. Busy, but filled with interesting and fun things. Yesterday morning I headed out to Hooked on Quilting, only to get stopped less than three miles from my destination, to allow the Trail of Tears procession to run through Fayetteville. Evidently, due to some controversy over the traditional route, a group road down 64 from Chattanooga and made a stop in Fayetteville for lunch. It was huge. I literally sat at the intersection of 431 and 10 for 45 minutes watching hundreds and hundreds of motorcyclists riding through. Pretty cool stuff.

I probably could have turned around and headed home, but then I wouldn't have had any quilting thread to begin quilting my Grand Hands blocks! That just wouldn't do. I waited it out and finally did make it to HOQ. Cindy has *lots* of pretties in her shop -- including some really darling Moda fabrics for autumn! She also had a bunch of books that were BOGO free! I bought two. I love books! One was a Christmas projects book, and one was just absolutely *darling*!! She said she thought of me when she saw it, because of the hands! Cute stuff.

We watched the Alabama - Arkansas game, such as it was. The Tide really did roll over the Razorbacks. Or perhaps I should say the Razorbacks rolled over for the Tide! :) Sweet victory!

After the game, we showered and headed to Gurley. We dropped off our stuff at the pastorium, and then we headed to Ted and Janice's home for dinner. Janice is a wonderful cook and their home is quite lovely. It's beautiful, but also very comfortable. I felt very much at home right away. Of course, that's got as much to do with the fact that they are warm and loving hosts! We had a nice night.

This morning their were FIVE of us in Sunday school! Oh joy and thank You, Lord! It was a good lesson, too -- the parable of the 10 virgins. I like lessons that make me think! This one got us going. There are lots of ways to be prepared; my focus just needs to be on the right One.

I've continued to work on Joc's block. It's coming along! It'll probably take me 2-3 evenings per block. I need to stay focused!

Joc is on her way home with Chinese takeout! Yum. Time to wrap this up!

I wish I knew a closing in Chinese. Japanese will have to do . . .

Sayonara!

:)