Thursday, September 18, 2008

Speed Walking Through NYC and Life in General

I joined some friends yesterday for a little bus trip to the Big Apple. All of us desired to see lots of art, visit some cool shops, and enjoy some great food. We did our best to do just that, and had lots of fun, but I think we all felt we could have used at least twice as much time. The day zoomed by, and it felt like we barely scratched the surface, before it was time to get back on the bus. I only managed to get a few pics, here are a few of the few...


Times Square


Yellow door spotted in Greenwich Village.


Fire escapes, taken while walking from the Village into SoHo.


Graffitti found on the side of a trash can.

As well as speeding through NYC, I am feeling that way in general. My "to do" lists are getting longer and longer, and the days seem to be both literally and figuratively growing shorter and shorter. With summer ending and fall officially right around the corner, I have decided to give myself a little break from blogging for the rest of September. I need to focus on a few other things right now... family, home, yard, artwork... everything feels a bit disorganized and/or neglected. I will be back with a new post on October 1st. (I hope to share with you in October some new work, a BooDilly's giveaway, and the unveiling of the new 2009 Collage Artplay Calendar, of which I am thrilled to be in!) See you then, and enjoy the rest of your September!