Saturday, September 6, 2008

Okay, so today I got busy early on. I finished the last blazing star and put it on point, and then pieced the entire top together. Now the "quilt sandwich" is ready and waiting. I'll tackle that in the evening hours of the coming week.

Then I made cheese raviolis with a special Alfredo sauce, and scratch brownies for Joc and me. Yum!

My next task was to cut out the backs for the Grand Hands quilt. The blocks are 18" square and I cut the backing at about 21-3/4" square. next I cut out the batting and put together all 12 blocks to that they are now ready to be quilted! I've already selected the template I'm going to use for the quilting -- I've sketched it in my log. I may go on and work on the September BOM -- actually it's August's block -- but it depends on how tired I am!

What a lovely quilting day!! Throw in a couple of good background movies (like The Devil Wears Prada and Runaway Bride) and it just makes for a happy Saturday!

Ciao!

:)