Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Work


I set out last week to make some new functional art quilts. My plan was to continue with the Mid-Century inspired work that I recently embarked on, (see here, here and here). However when I shut my eyes to see what this new quilt would look like, (now you know my highly sophisticated process of design) I didn't see stripes, and lines, but instead saw circles and flowers.


I opened my eyes and politely explained to my brain that it had made a mistake, and to please try again. Closing my eyes I saw the same image as before. After several more attempts to redirect my brain, I finally gave in, (which is always the smart thing for me to do, for whenever I try to make something that I am not seeing, even if it something that I made before, it never turns out right. When an idea wants to be born, it wants to be born. My job is to get out of my own way and let it happen!)


As in the previous quilts, this to is meant to be both functional and beautiful. Use it as a table runner, hang it on the wall, or drape it over a hanger or chair. I have another one of these contemporary circular designs lined up to be quilted this week, and I hope that they will be as well received as the Mid-Century designs, (I am delighted to say that two of the three have already sold!)


For more information, you can check out this quilt in my shop, here.


One more bit of lovely news, I was again awarded the Brillante Blog award. This time from the very sweet and talented Gunnel. Thank you so much Gunnel, I truly appreciate it! And I once again am going to pass on the official passing on of this award to 7 worthy bloggers, (due to well documented phobias in this general area) and instead pass it on to all of you because you are all so delightful, and because it is my blog and I can do what ever I want!