Friday, September 26, 2008

Quilting at Midnight



Rule # 25 - Quilting at Midnight - NOT A GOOD IDEA.


Company is coming tomorrow and I had 2 projects to finish before I packed up my sewing machine for the weekend. Here is the "Pear" quilt finished and ready to go the the quilt show. I was too tired to notice I was backing myself into a corner and too tired to care. I finished the quilting with one mistake. I decided to leave it in to remind me to always have a clear head when I start a project no matter how great or small. I have to admit this is not like me. I usually rip out mistakes and fix them, but this quilt was a practice piece. It was an exercise to learn how to create light and shadow while reproducing a photograph. On the brighter side, I love my new King Tut thread. It quilted like a dream and looks beautiful on this piece.
Rule #26 - "If you have to rip out a seam more than 2 times the seam is perfect the way it is." I use this rule often so I don't get too obsessed with perfection.