Sunday, September 14, 2008

Color Therapy





Last week was a really tough week. I haven't had many good thoughts to share. I finally decided I needed an attitude adjustment and indulged myself with a little color therapy. A few days ago I was strolling the blogosphere and ran into a lovely textile used as a tablecloth on My Marrakesh. I decided I would try to replicate the pattern with a new dyeing technique. I really like the result. The main dye colors used in this batch were cobalt and fuchsia. I always enjoy working with these two dyes when using low water immersion dyeing techniques. The results are always varied and interesting. By the time I was washing the dye out of these fabrics my usual good mood had been restored. The tie-dyed fabrics reminds me of the stars in the night sky on a particularly good night when the milky way is in full view. I was happy I had the foresight to make a small piece to add to my personal stash. Wishing you a wonderful week!