Monday, May 9, 2011

Getting up Close with Ribbon Quilting

Ribbon quilting is basically a double meandering.  It is an over all quilting that is perfect for any quilt, especially modern quilts, but not necessarily traditional quilts. I think that is it a perfect quilting for a baby quilt or a lap quilt.


Quite often I use two colors of thread, thus resulting in a shadow effect, giving more of a twisted appearance. Most of my customers who choose the ribbon quilting, also choose to have a twist.  A twist is a free style flower, star, swirl, leaf, or another quilted item.


The most selected size of ribbon quilting is the extra large.  I have posted several examples here and there are more photos in the Photo Gallery.


Two color ribbon quilting with a twist is my favorite type of free style quilting, when I need an overall quilting for a quilt top.  Do you have a favorite quilting style? 















May for Me Prize Giveaway featuring this quilt, 
The Easy to Sew Quilt, 
Next Post! (later today)

And Next week Monday 
"Getting up close with Quilting Swirls"
Having Fun in May!

Marcia