Saturday, October 17, 2009

we're off to see . . . ??!?

Okay, so here we go! I'm not taking my laptop, so no sharing until after we return, which will be late Sunday afternoon. I may get back here on Monday. Maybe. :)

So, last night I decided I finally wanted to makeover one of my crew neck sweatshirts. I've had two -- a navy and a black -- for five or six years and I never, ever wear them. But I had this book about quilted sweatshirts. It looked so fun! But there wasn't a pattern I like just bunches. So on my way home from work last night, while I stopped to get my last two blocks and the black floss, I also picked up a couple of fat quarters that I thought would go with my black sweatshirt. After about three hours, this is what I came up with:

Not too shabby for a first attempt! As with anything else, there's a learning curve. When I convert the blue sweatshirt, I'll do things a little differently, but overall, I'm very pleased! I'll wear it with pride today!
Hope everyone has a fun weekend . . . hasta lunes!
:)
ps: Roll Tide ROLL!