Thursday, January 8, 2009

Small String Study


In an on going effort to use up my leftover scraps, I have begun making little quilts such as the one shown here.

I always have left over strips, and small pieces of batting laying around, and they lend themselves wonderfully for making little "string" pieced quilts, which give me a fun and safe place to explore line, color interaction and various stitching ideas.

Plus I love to work on a small scale!


Expect to see more of these sprinkled here and there on my blog and in my shop, as they are a bit like eating potato chips, you can't just stop at one, (truth be told, when it comes to potato chips, I could easily eat a whole bag without even blinking!)

This Small String Study Art Quilt measures 8 1/4" x 15 3/4". Perfect size for a small space that needs a little something!

Note: This quilt has been sold.