Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bragging Rights! Wanting to share good news!

It's been a busy summer so far for me with art shows (this one for sunflower art in Yolo County Davis Art Center where this quilt "Indian Summer" won first place and SOLD! I am stoked to say the least. It was in competition with all sorts of art mediums (oil, acrylic, watercolor paintings, sculptures, mixed media, and fiber art just to name a few).
I also was lucky at the Dixon May Fair where it won a third place in all of their quilt competition (traditional and contemporary); and while I am all puffed up here I'll also tell you that a water color of mine "Class of 2010" won two seconds, one at the fair and one in the juried art show in our local gallery.

Hoping to find time to enter the challenges here in the coming months!