Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Henry and Matilda

Here are the next two pieces in my School Photo series...

HENRY - (Old German for "Ruler of the Estate"):


Serious and quiet.
Dislikes piano lessons.
Wants to be an architect.
Loves his dog with all his heart.



MATILDA - (Old German for "Mighty Battlemaid"):



Enjoys eating blueberries.
Daydreams while listening to Billie Holiday.
Wants to be a microbiologist.
Often can't sleep due to concerns over why honey bees are mysteriously dying.


Each School Photo piece is stitched on the machine, free-motion style using Premium Sulky 30 wt. cotton black thread. I make them up as I go along. I like the surprise of watching them develop... their faces and their personalities emerge and make me smile... I'll be showing more school photos and sharing more of the process in my next post.

Hey! If you haven't already, don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY and win a free copy of Quilts, BABY! from Lark Books!