Thursday, August 27, 2009

QUOTE THE RAVEN . . .




My title doesn't have to match the body of the post, does it?!?

So, here are pictures of BBS quilt, as I piece the top together, finally! I will make a concerted effort to finish this on Saturday, so I can have it quilted. I'm learning a lot about putting pieces together so that dimensions are kept intact. It doesn't look so hot from the flip side, but from the top, it's looking good! Don't pay attention to my messy quilting room. Whoops!


A couple of things caught my attention in Proverbs this morning. (One thing was actually from yesterday's Proverb.) Let's see . . .

* Like one who takes a dog by the ears, is he who passes by and meddles with strife not belonging to him. Proverbs 26:17

I've never taken a dog by the ears, but I'd be willing to bet that no dog would enjoy it too much. This speaks to the type of person that does pull a dog's ears, huh? Not a nice thought. How often, though, do we jump into the middle of situations we have no part of? Bottom line: refuse to get in the middle of a fight that's not mine.

* Better is open rebuke than love that is concealed. Proverbs 27:5

This one struck me because of the Bible study I'm doing right now on love. I have to develop the connection, though. It's speaking to me; I just can't coherently explain it yet.

* A sated man loathes honey, but to a famished man any bitter thing is sweet. Proverbs 27:7

A (wo)man who is starving for a word from the Lord will be happy to hear anything He has to say, even if it's rebuke. Thank You Lord for speaking to me! :)

* A prudent man sees evil and hides himself, the naive proceed and pay the penalty. Proverbs 27:12

Wow. This goes along with the thought that we need to pray daily for God's protection from evil. And to "flee evil".

As a post note to yesterday: I brewed a pot of French Vanilla tea yesterday afternoon. I used water from the Brita pitcher. I do that when it's just me. Todd doesn't really care, so he gets the water from the tap. No biggie -- it's just that when it's me, I like it from the filtered pitcher! Anyway, I was pouring my second-to-last cup and realized that there was not enough tea left in the pot to pour a final cup (unless, in fact, I *was* pouring my final cup, which I didn't want to be doing). So I figured I'd just add enough water to make up that last cup. No biggie. And since it was just adding a little water for the last cup, I just got it from the tap. Again, no biggie.

Wrong.

I was *astounded* by the difference in the taste. I could very much taste the tap water. Ugh! Up to this point, I thought I was just whimsically using filtered water, but that there probably wasn't a whole lot of difference. I was *so* wrong! Nevermore. Nevermore.

The Raven.

:)