Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I got to spend a little more time in the quilting room yesterday evening and this morning. Not enough to finish the second BOM, but enough so that the nine squares are pieced and ready to piece together. I really did think that when Jocelyn got married and we were living child-free, that I would have more free time. I've yet to see it! This week has something scheduled in every evening; add a full 40+ hour work week, housekeeping, and meal-making -- whew! Just try to get a little down time in there! :) C'est la vie.

Anyway, I am almost finished with the second of my BOM's for August. They aren't due until September 11-12, but since I procrastinated terribly with the last two months, I figured I'd jump ahead on this month's. It's full of flying geese, which I think is my least favorite pattern. I can never make my blocks work correctly when they have flying geese in them. Even when I'm exacting and precise and *sooooo* careful, it doesn't quite work. I guess the answer is to keep doing it until I master them! Or find a full-proof way to work them!

Anyway, I'm really ready to finish up the Boy Scout Quilt next. I've got the sashing cut and ready to piece the top together. I haven't decided what to do for the back, yet. I think I'd like to back it with a flannel -- perhaps something camouflaged-looking. That would suit my nephew, I think. I'd really like to have this to him by Christmas!

I cannot decide what I want to do for my sisters this year. Perhaps a quilted wall-hanging? Hmmmm. That will take some thinking. When I have time. Hah!

Tonight, Todd and I are headed to Jackson Way Baptist Church for the Sunday School appreciation banquet. Should be fun. Daniel Edmonds is the speaker again this year. I really enjoy Daniel's wit. I wonder if anyone else I know will be there?!

I started to make Esther's Orange Marmalade Cake out the the Mitford Cookbook last night, but only got as far as purchasing the necessary ingredients. Do you know how hard it was to find cake flour? The only kind Publix carries is the Swan brand. And is it with the rest of the flour? No! It's on the very bottom shelf under the cake mixes! I guess I semi-understand the logic, but then again, no. It's flour. They don't sell the bread flour in the bread aisle! And is the rice flour found with the rest of the rice products? No! Cake flour should be housed with the rest of the flours! Just my personal opinion.

Ah well, enough for now . . .

Plus tard!

:)