Saturday, August 1, 2009

Finding Peace


The first four days were the hardest. I could not stop crying and second guessing myself.
By the fifth day I was pretty numb.
On the sixth day we decided to go to Cape May, New Jersey for the day.
A bit of a long drive just for one day, but a place that holds many happy memories for myself, my husband and my children.


Before my father became sick and passed away, it was a place the whole family enjoyed vacationing together, but now it had been ten years since we last were there.

Time to go back, and soak in its calm, healing magic.


Walking along a beach, bucket in hand and searching for treasures is one of my soul's greatest pleasures.
(I actually have reoccurring "nightmares" where I am at the shore only to realize that it is my last day and time to leave, but for what ever reason I forgot to walk on the beach and do my gleaning. I race in a frenzy to the ocean and sand, frantically trying to seek that peace in my few remaining moments.)


Sea shells are few on the beaches of Cape May, but lovely small stones are plentiful.


The prize stones are the "Cape May Diamonds". Clear, smooth pieces of quartz.

After the beach, a stroll through the streets of Cape May equally delights the senses.


The streets are lined with beautifully painted Victorian houses...




And gorgeous courtyard gardens...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many heartfelt thanks. Your kind comments, loving emails, and thoughtful gifts lifted my spirit when it was at one of its lowest. The goodness and generosity of people is so incredible... if only the news was filled with the truth of peoples loving actions.

I miss Mo so much. I talk to her everyday. I picture her happy and healthy. I stroke her photograph.
She taught me more lessons in living this past year then I have learned in all of my previous.
She was a gift. Thank you for letting me share her with you.
xo