Friday, August 21, 2009

Busyness.

Last night was the monthly meeting of Heritage Quilters of Huntsville. It was the last meeting of the 2008-2009 year, and was celebrated with a pot luck dinner. It was fun. I sat at a table with Charmaine and her stitch group. Charmaine was the one who kept me from leaving the very first (overwhelming) meeting of the guild I ever attended.

Anyway, her stitch group is a very friendly group, and very involved in the guild. It was a good place for me to be. One of the women is co-chair for the membership committee this new year, and I will be helping her out for the coming year. I figure that's a good committee to be on if I want to get to know people!

I also got the nerve up to "show & tell" my Grand Hands quilt. I'm glad I did. I know it will be up at the show, but you've only got 25 words to tell the quilt's story in the quilt show program. That doesn't do *near* justice to explaining the why's of that quilt! Anyway, showing it off was fun. :)

I also sat next to a woman from their group who does long-arm quilting, professionally. Hurrah! She was really very nice and gave me her business card. An answer to prayer!

On a quick side note, while I passed the time between work and meeting, I stopped in Books-A-Million, on Airport Road. I got a 16-month planner for 2010, an audio book of Jan Karon's children's books (which was on sale for the bargain price of $5.97), and ... the Twilight DVD. I couldn't help it! I've really missed it since Joc took her copy with her in June!

I still haven't gotten around to the Orange Marmalade cake yet. Sunday afternoon, perhaps. I'll be able to put all the ingredients that need to be "room temperature" out before church. Then when Todd heads into work, I'll get busy. Then I'll watch Twilight. Hahaha!

I finished up this week's chapters in Jeremiah in yesterday's quiet time, so this morning I read Proverbs 21, and headed back into Psalms. I prayed through Psalms 51 and 103, and just spent time on my face in prayer. It was good quiet time; I really heard God's voice on some things this morning.

Tonight and tomorrow morning will be filled with the ladies Bible study -- we're doing Beth Moore's Loving Well. I still haven't decided whether or not I'll spend the night. Decisions!

Tomorrow evening is a *GIRL'S NIGHT*!!!! We're combining a girl's night with a baby shower for Lori. Fun times, fun times. I'll also probably do an RV tour -- early, so that Todd can go over there and hide while we party! It's nice to have two domiciles, for the time being!

Back to the grind . . .

Adeus!

:)