Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pillowcase Bags - Update with Tutorial Link


Our quilt guild made these pillowcase sholderbags back in May. I was not able to attend so I finished my homework before the next meeting.

I found 2 matching queen size embroidered pillowcases at a local antique store for next to nothing. You can see it's twin hanging up among all the others.








I added a denim liner to make the bag more durable and added a strap to the top so I can throw this bag over my shoulder. I'm forever loading myself down with too much to save the number of trips down to the house from the driveway. I think you would be amazed at how much I can carry with one hand. Sorry.. was I rambling on again? This was fast and easy project with great results. I think if I was to make another I would add 4 inch darts in the lower corners so the bag would have a slimmer profile and a flat bottom.

I found this tutorial with instructions similar to the ones I followed to make my bag.