Thursday, October 9, 2008

Learning Something New!

I, Marcia am a full-time long arm quilter, mother of two college kids, (Jewels and BJ), wife of Ritch (wonderful, honest, and hard-working electrician) and I am the caretaker of two wonderful little dogs, (The Girls). My days are filled with hours of freestyle quilting -- creating wonderful designs on customer's quilts! I truly love stitching!!! Every quilt is a new adventure! It is a joy to watch the quilt tops transform into a truly unique quilted quilt!!! --- But doing a blog is a NEW adventure for me...I am trying it and I don't know how many times I will take the time to come to the computer and type, as I want to be at my Gammill all day long stitching!!! But maybe this is good for me to write about my passion.... sometimes others don't understand it. When I am stitching and creating I am in control of every movement of the machine and as it glides across the fabric and thru' the blocks, lattice, and borders to transform the quilt top into a quilted quilt. It is a feeling I cannot describe.... so I live and breathe quilting 24/7. It is all I can think about all day long.. I even dream about quilting... I have been quilting full-time since the fall 2003 and to my husband's and my family's surprise I am never bored of it. I am so lucky to have a job that I love. For more information check out my webpage at http://www.craftysewing.com.