Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wash Day - Oh Boy! -updated

My new print cloth arrived the other day. Instead of working on my last Art Quilt like I should be, I couldn't resist diving in to see how these one of a kind dye lots would turn out. I've had my formulas planned for weeks. The fabric is an 80x80 thread count batik quality. Wow does it accept the dye well. My favorite of the batch has to be the fabric that looks like sugar maples in the fall.

I just added a link to my blog roll for The Sandbag Handbag. This blog contains pictures of handbags that have been created from leftover sandbags. They are being sold in a few locations in downtown Iowa City to raise money for the local crisis center and victims of the June flooding. If you are visiting the area please stop in and take a look. The bags are resonably priced and the money goes to a great cause!