Monday, June 8, 2009

Patch Play

"I played with an idea, and grew wilful; tossed it into the air; transformed it; let it escaped and recaptured it; made it iridescent with fancy, and winged it with paradox."
— Oscar Wilde


These days my primary focus and concentration is on Mo. I don't have the mental space to fully develope the bits of ideas and inspirations that have been be-boppin' around my brain. However I am having fun playing with those bits of ideas by making these Remnant Patches.



Their small size allows me to get those bits of ideas and inspirations into tangible form, before they slip out the back door. They also offer me the perfect place to explore that which I keep returning to....

color...



shape...


and stitch...

Patches are for sale in my Silly BooDilly shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Big thanks to all the sweet anniversary wishes! We weren't sure if we were going to be able to go out to celebrate, as Mo was having nose bleeds for much of the day, but by night time the bleeds had calmed down, and we decided that she was in good hands with our two capable daughters. We escape to the movies and saw Pixar's UP. It was as sweet a love story as could be. Parts of it reminding us of ourselves and it was the perfect movie to celebrate a long and happy marriage with!