Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crazy Quilt Update and A Fabulous Surprise For Me

I can finally show you my completed crazy quilt block made for our 2008-2009 guild president.
She received her quilt last night.
I was so pleased she chose this theme for her quilt. I really enjoy hand embroidery.
It was so much fun to see all of our unique styles blended together in a quilt.
This quilt is such a treasure!!

Guess What? Can You Tell I'm Excited?? Yesterday I woke up to the news that I had won such a beautiful gift from Embellisher at Million Little Stitches. For her 125th post she gave away this amazing heart sampler. I have been following her blog for a long time and always enjoy seeing her creative ideas and little pieces of her life far across the oceans.
Thank you so much! I will cherish your gift.

My new bolts of fabrics have arrived and are ready to be dyed. Keep an eye on my blog. I plan to pass my good fortune on with a Dye Candy Fabric giveaway in a week or two (once my dye lots are finished and photographed).

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Chris