Thursday, July 31, 2008

Everyday Pleasures #12

Happy August Everyone!

Summer in Lancaster County means being able to get locally grown, fresh produce all the time! We have several great farmers markets, and farmers often sell there bounty along side the road, as well. Actually, it seems that during the summer, produce stands of one kind or another can be found on almost every back road around here!

Pictured below is what I picked up yesterday at a local road side stand, (I only wish I had had my camera with me at the time, as the beautiful plow mules were standing right next to me as I paid!)


Local yellow plums! (Yes, yellow!) These are the sweetest, most juiciest things around!


Farm fresh tomatoes, summer squash, and onions. I'll cook them up with some black beans and serve them over pasta tonight.


Lancaster County corn on the cob. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner, everyday of the week! It is the taste of summer!