Saturday, June 3, 2006

For three days I didn't walk. Lemme 'splain . . .

Wednesday: We got up at 4:15 am and left at 5:00 am to take Jocelyn to the airport {sniff} and from there I went straight to work, where I stayed until 5:30 pm, and went directly to the Roger's home for the SCUBA event for our 7th & 8th grade youth.

Thursday & Friday: No excuse. Except my hips hurt really badly and I had to be at work incredibly early, and I just didn't do it.

I noticed (realized) that when I didn't walk, I didn't journal. Guilty conscience, I suppose.

I'm journaling today, so guess what?!? Yes, I walked this morning. A lovely creation walk with my husband. They're my favorite!

Do you ever wonder if you'd have done thing differently if you'd been either Adam or Eve (as appropriate)? I like to *think* I'd have run from the serpent, and cried out to God for help, but I know in my heart I'd have done the same thing Eve did. Perhaps I wouldn't have even offered the little resistance that she did. Hah -- maybe I wouldn't have even needed the serpent to speak to me. I'd have just seen the fruit and eaten. The reason I know this is because of how I respond to temptation when it's presented. I listen to the lies, instead of running from
them . . .

But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness,
godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:11

It's frustrating to know what I'm supposed to do, to know in my heart that it's really the best choice, and to still choose wrongly. Ugh. It's a good thing I'm not God -- I'd have no mercy or compassion for myself. Lord, I thank You that You love me. Father, I ask You to continue to draw me near to You. Lord, discipline me and correct me when I need it (which is often). I thank You that Your discipline reflects Your love for me. I'm so lucky to know You hold me in Your mighty hand. I love You, Lord!

:)