Monday, June 9, 2008

Good News, Bad News

The good news is my flower quilt was one of the featured items in yesterday's "Best of the Week" Etsy Finds Yippee!!


You can view each day's Etsy Finds on the Storque, or you can subscribe, (which I do) and receive them via email each day!

The bad news is I am still having residual effects from the reaction to the awful antibiotics that I had been prescribed last week. I was starting to think it was my imagination, and kept trying to psych myself out of feeling like crap, but the abdominal cramping, nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite and extreme fatigue keep on hitting me. After doing some more research on my own, I find that I fit the classic symptoms of lingering "secondary" side effects one can get from taking this particular medicine. I just have to wait it out for now, until it leaves my system. (Did you know that a just a dose of over the counter pain medicine stays in your system for 10 days!? ) This has been a huge wake up call to me. From now on I promise to be a stronger advocate for myself, and diligently question, (and educate myself) on the need for any prescribed medicine, and dosage of said medicine. I have always liked my doctor, and actually still do, but any blind faith I had, has been replaced with healthy questioning.