Saturday, March 15, 2008

In Search of the Perfect Martini



Here's my newest space spore quilt. I call it "Space Spores in Search of the Perfect Martini". I was inspired by those quirky little green olives with the mysterious red pimentos in them. Does anyone know exactly what a pimento is? I have never figured that one out!

I really enjoy making these quilts! However, they always take me way longer to complete then I think they will. I obsess over each stitch, and I am continually removing stitches and redoing them. This is a habit I would like to break, as I am sure that the small imperfections I see in a stitch that is slightly not where I think it should be, is only bothersome to me. Maybe before I sit down to embroider my next quilt, I need to have a martini to help me relax a bit and to stop all the obsessing!