Friday, March 21, 2008

I love Fridays when I don't have to work. Or rather, I love *all* Fridays; but particularly those on which I do not work!

Last night I attended my first Heritage Quilters of Huntsville Guild meeting as a _member_! Whoohoo! Today I took advantage of my time off and quilted my nametage for the meetings. Fun stuff. I'm pleased with everything except for the name. Ugh. I should have just left well enough alone, but I rarely can do that. C'est la vie. Anyhoo, the speaker last night was Flavin Glover, who's the bomb.com in log cabin quilting. She had two in particular that truly captivated me -- one of grazing sheep and their babies, and one of winter evergreens. Both were quite beautiful and I'd like to somehow (on a smaller scale) duplicate them. I bought her book and she autographed it for me. :)

Jocelyn is home for a long Easter weekend, and James and Kim made it in late last night from Disney. All of my chillens are in town (even if they don't all live under my roof any more). The cats are draped over assorted blankets, snoozing, and Todd is mowing the lawn. I did a Jane tape this morning, and I'm rather in need of a shower!

Todd and I are going to have at it again on the dieting. The start date is Monday. Written covenant and everything.

Shower time!

Vaya con Dios!

:)