Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Thanks, God. I *know* I could not have done the treadmill this morning without You! It was so stinking early!

James needs to be getting up soon. But I wanted to share how good God is, even in things like "30 minutes on the treadmill" -- He's faithful to assist when I opting to be obedient. The thing is, why do I get it in some areas, but not in others? I'm so _stubborn_.

Joshua 1:1-18 is where we are this week in Sunday ... er, excuse me ... Cross Training. The passing of the mantle of responsibility from Moses to Joshua. I imagine Joshua was pretty overwhelmed with the task. I wonder why it was passed to Joshua and not Caleb?

The key verses, to me, are 1:8-9: Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. !!!

No small task -- but pretty simple instructions. Let's see where my instructions come from today: Luke 20:1-8. Do I appreciate the authority under which I am placed? Do I understand that it comes from the LORD, Most High? I forget, a LOT, that I'm His. I need to re-commit to that *every* morning.

Lord, I'm Yours. I need Your protection. I need Your presence. I need You to empower me to be all that You would have me to be today. Father, I need help staying focused on You. Let me be grounded in Your Word today. Jesus, thank You.

Buenos dias!

:)